Tips for Online Survey Takingby blogpointclub
There has been plenty of discussion about the legitimacy of doing online surveys for extra cash, and we can all agree there are plenty of solid options. Once you decide this is something you’d like to do, you should make sure you’re doing all you can do for the most success.
Following are some tips to keep you on track.
1. Sign up with more than one online survey company.
Once you’ve performed your due diligence (see our post “Not All Online Surveys are Created Legal”), don’t be afraid to sign up with more than one company. Completing surveys for more than one company helps better assure you’ll be able to complete as many surveys as possible. While there are sometimes duplicates on surveys, you have a good chance of a diverse set of options.
2. Set Up an Email Account Just for Survey Completion.
This is as much for your own personal sanity as anything else. Having a separate email specifically for survey completion keeps your everyday email inbox unclogged (or, at least, less clogged). Tie your Paypal account to this email for payout purposes.
3. Make sure your personal profile (or panelist dossier) is filled out completely.
Your personal profile is the demographic data the surveys need to determine if you may or may not be a good match for a specific survey. Make sure you fill it out immediately, that it’s complete, and if any applicable information changes, update your profile. For instance, if you move from California to Ohio, or you get married (or divorced), update that information.
4. Have Realistic Expectations.
Completing surveys online can be a great source for extra money, but it shouldn’t be considered a replacement for a full time (or even part time) job. Don’t think this is an easy, get rich quick career. When choosing your survey site, make sure they aren’t touting unrealistic expectations to get you to sign up. This is a sign to watch out for.
5. Don’t Try to Tailor Your Answers to What you Think They Want to Hear.
Well established survey sites keep watch on how surveys are completed, and if you are caught fabricating information, you may lose your option to do the surveys and your account could be shut down. When completing surveys, keep the following in mind:
- Don’t rush. Moving too quickly through a survey gives the appearance of not being truthful.
- Don’t make up answers. If your answers are inconsistent across different surveys on the same site, you send up a red flag.
- Be honest. False information is much harder to remember than the truth.
- Provide well thought out answers when asked open ended questions. Basic responses like “yes” or “no” aren’t enough. Using profanity or typing gibberish will both likely get you disqualified from the site.
6. Check for new surveys frequently.
The more highly recommended survey sites have a constantly rotating inventory of surveys. This may sound like you’ll always have a bunch to choose from, but that may not necessarily be true. You may not qualify for all of them, and sometimes, the company requesting the survey need only a specific quantity of responses. So while you may be a perfect fit for a survey, they may only need 100 responses, and you are number 101. Get ‘em while they’re hot.
When considering your options, you should know the following about PointClub:
- Not every panelist is eligible to complete every survey; a fact we’ve already discussed. If you try, but are deemed ineligible, Captain PC has the authority to grant you points regardless of completion. We are the only online survey site to provide this payout.
- We grant signup bonuses and extra points for completing your initial panelist dossier.
- We have one of the lower payout thresholds at $25, which you can take as payment to a Paypal account or through a variety of gift card offers.
- We give away points every day via our Facebook page. Don’t leave out that daily checkin!
Haven’t signed up yet? Now is a great time to begin earning that extra pocket cash! Join Pointclub today!
If you have questions on your account, or need clarification on any process, please Contact Us and we’ll be happy to help.